Purpose of the GRAND Wiki
This Wiki is being used to coordinate discussions and preparations for an application to be submitted to the Canadian Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) program for a new network in the area of new media, animation, and games.
Enter password to see the navigation menu (members only).
Summary of the application process to date
Details on the call for LOIs from the NCE program and subsequent application procedures are on the 2009 NCE Competition website. Here are the highlights.
- A letter of intent (LOI) was submitted on March 2.
- Notice that the LOI was accepted came on May 5.
- The full application is due on August 11.
- A site visit will take place in Ottawa on August 24.
- Funding is expected to be $3-5M/year for up to two consecutive five-year terms, with the possibility of an additional five years of funding if sufficient support from Canadian industry is evident.
More about this Wiki
Access to the Wiki is passworded. The password is shared amongst those who are currently involved in the discussions. As we move through the phases of proposal preparation the password may be changed to reflect the current set of participants.
If you are visitor, this page and the links below are the only ones you can see.
If you have the Wiki password, the Menu on the left has links to most of the major pages on the Wiki, with subsequent links to further content. If you are new to the Wiki, you might start with the following quick tour, which does not require a password.
These will lead you to the other parts of the Wiki that provide more details on the current state of the proposed NCE.
Wiki support is provided by MAGIC, the Media and Graphics Interdisciplinary Centre at the University of British Columbia.
Scheduled planning meetings
- Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 1:30PM-3:30PM PDT, Room 15-300 SFU Surrey, Surrey BC (directions). DONE
- Monday-Wednesday, May 25-27, 2009, informal discussions at the AI/GI/CRV 2009 conference at the University of British Columbia Okanagan in Kelowna, BC, during coffee breaks and over lunch or dinner for those who are going to be at the conference. DONE
- Friday, May 29, 2009, mid- to late-afternoon possible individual meetings on the University of Calgary campus. Send email to Kelly Booth if you are interested. DONE
- Monday, June 1, 2009, 10:30AM-4:00PM EDT, Ontario College of Art and Design, 205 Richmond Street (corner of Richmond and Duncan -- one block south of Queen), Toronto ON (directions). Go to the 5th floor of the building and check in at room 7514. RSVP to Allison Rowe. (Agenda) DONE
- Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 9:00AM-noon EDT, Ontario College of Art and Design, there will be a meeting just with representatives from the three art+design schools NSCAD, OCAD, and ECUAD (they will also be at the June 1 meeting the day before). DONE
- Thursday, June 11, 2009, 9:00AM-noon, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB (location in Computer Science TBD). DONE
- Monday, June 15, 2009, 3:00PM-5:00PM, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC (Room X836 in the ICICS/Computer Science Building, 2366 Main Mall -- take South elevator in the new addition). DONE
- Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:30AM-2:00PM, University of Victoria, Victoria BC (Room ECS 468 in Computer Science). DONE
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Links to help using the Wiki, for those with a password
More information about PmWiki is available from http://www.pmwiki.org .